AuxLoc Evaluation Unit
Template Mounting Instructions
- Determine if door is left or right hand swing. Use appropriate (LH or RH) AuxLoc® Device and .PDF mounting template.
- Prior to mounting the evaluation unit, manually hold the AuxLoc® device on inside of door and swing arm between engaged and disengaged positions to verify your door requires a 4-1/2″ standard arm clearance AuxLoc®. If arm does not clear door or jamb, contact AuxLoc® to obtain further instructions.
- When printing the attached template pdf file, make sure to print landscape, legal size paper, selecting “actual size” (vs. fit).
- Tape the template to the door 10” above the floor to the line indicated on the template.
- Use a punch to mark the holes on the door.
- Drill 1/8” pilot hole through door for each of the 4 mounting holes marked with the punch.
- Enlarge pilot holes with 3/8″ drill bit for required mounting size.
- Mount AuxLoc® on inside of door with four sex bolts (included). Do NOT mount with any other type of screws.
- Swing arm between engaged and disengaged position for testing.
- If there is excessive play when lock is engaged against door jamb, place adhesive rubber bumper (enclosed) on jamb to reduce play.